Friday, July 16, 2010

He loves me, He loves me not, He loves me....Yay!

Yes, I've gone a little crazy for flowers the past week. Why? Because for the past week I couldn't get my serger to work. Luckily, Mike came to visit and helped me solve the threading problem (so I'm up and running again!).


Anyway, since I had to resort to hand sewing to calm my crafty itches, I've resorted to sewing flowers. I've used a wide range of materials already, ribbon, lace, buttons, old scarfs, and jeans. It's a lot of fun to mix and match materials to make an assortment of flowers (because no two are exactly the same of course)



This is a rose I made out of lace. I think I can do better if I keep practicing. I've added a hair clip to the back.



I made this black one from an old scarf that's seen better days.


This red one was made to match my society colors.


This has got to be one of my favorites. This black and white one has a hair clip and a pin on the back so I can use it to dress up anything!



See? Cute hair accessory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!