Friday, November 11, 2011

Toasty November: Staying Warm


These cold winds have turned my nose and cheeks cherry red and taken away all feeling in my nose and fingers.
I'm finding a bunch of ways to stay toasty warm besides hiding under my covers.


Tip #23
Walk in the sunlight.
It's a natural heater, it's free, AND you'll get your daily dosage of Vitamin D.


Tip #47
Run up the stairs.
I started doing this for exercise and to release those happy little endorphines!
I soon discovered that my body became much warmer for 15-20 minutes.


Tip #12
Get a snack.
This doesn't have to be a heated snack necessarily, although that does help, but just the digestive system kicking into gear will warm you up.


Tip #21
Put on socks.
No, you don't lose a ton of your body heat through your feet, but ice-cube toes don't make happy feet.


Tip# 96
Hold someone's hand.
Because he/she will warm up those frozen fingers and give your heart a squeeze.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!