Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's on it's way


That's right, they day that splits the world into two distinctive groups is on it's way.
Some despise and hate the sappy 14th of February. They dread it's coming as soon as they even catch a glimpse of those cheesy paper hearts hanging in store windows. "Bah Humbug!" they say, and snarl at the chalk flavored conversation hearts in the checkout line. 

Then... you'll find other's just like me. We "ooh" and "ahh" at all the red, pink, sparkly heart pencil toppers. We have the urge to touch and feel every little cheesy stuffed animals that's holding a little heart saying "Be Mine!". We meticulously plan THAT perfect day. 

I am a firm believer that even if you don't have "someone special" you can still celebrate the 14th. It's a day dedicated to love, and we all have people around us who need it. Just take a few minutes and write a short note to that friend of your's who's been down. For crying out loud, wrap the thing around a candy bar. 
You'll make them smile, and it will warm your own heart to. 

Anyways...all that to say...LET'S GET TO THE CRAFTS!


I know for a fact that I've posted this tutorial on Miss Yellow Shoes before. I can't help posting it again...I love it! I have made Mike promise to help me twist the wire into "love" one of these days...


This one could be a little time consuming but also very rewarding. It's a heart shaped notebook that you cover with felt and ribbons. It's a fairly simple project but watch out for paper cuts!


Here's another simple, but very cool project. Just iron on the transfers to your typical pillowcase and voila! You have a sweet reminder of how much you need one another. 


I love this idea for an elementary class. I might substitute the threads for yarn depending on the age group, but the Valentine bracelet idea is brilliant. 


Here's something sweet you can make for your honey. I actually did something kinda like this for Mike. I stayed over at his family's house for a few days over the summer, and hid 10 paper hears all around his room. On each heart I wrote "I love you #3" or whatever number that heart was. He kept finding the hearts for weeks and really loved them.


I really really like this idea. You just print out this sheet, frame it, and use a white board marker to fill in the blank. This could be a cute little note for your husband, mom, or whoever needs a little encouragement. 


Mason jars are the BOMB! But this tutorial make's them the BOMDIGIDY!
That's all I'm gonna say. 

Lastly, I just wanted to give a little "shout-out" to my friend Nell who asked me to make some beginner crochet videos. Those are in the works but I just need to find a way to upload them. It's just one more river to cross and I'm just as frustrated with it as you probably were the first time you crocheted.
But all good things come to those who wait right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!