Monday, April 2, 2012

For the love of books/ Crafty Me

One of our stacks of books

"The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it." -James Bryce

Mike, my best friend Jenni, and I love to read. Our shelves are jam packed with lovely books about lovely things. I love walking into a used book store and just inhaling the old musty smell coming from the antique pages. I'm the girl you can find sitting on the Goodwill floor flipping through every book on the shelf. "I have to find just the right one!" which takes time as you can imagine.The aroma of old books definitively not something I would want to smell all the time of course. It can become quite overwhelming. Every once and a while though...the smell is wonderful and comforting. Almost like calorie free chocolate...

Mike and two of my friends

Well this past Saturday our University Library had it's annual old book sale. You never know what you'll find and the early bird gets the best books. The more you wait, the less of a chance there is that you'll get something really good, though the prices do drop throughout the day. Mike was able to find over a dozen books (if not two dozen!) and I was able to capture 4 of my own. We only spent 11 dollars, but walked away with cookbooks, history books, a novel or two, and a childcare book (for me). 


I was also a crafty little bee this Sunday afternoon. I had an order for one of these and I am ashamed to say that it took me quite a while to get to it. Finally, I finished it and had some fabric left over. So I made this for meeeee!


You can make one too! Just follow this tutorial, but make the "headband" small enough to fit around your wrist. I made two and sewed them together because I have a fatter arm. One wristband just wouldn't have looked right on me. Too add a little personality, go ahead and add buttons or pins.
You can see my original video-post about these braided headbands here

 Well while you're reading this and sipping your coffee, I'll be working at student teaching with my kids! I hope that your Monday will be as exciting and mine will be.

friends and I driving to a thrift store

Bye bye!

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book."  -Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!