Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Confession


I have a confession.
I've heard the first step to solving a problem is admitting that you have the problem.
Of course no one wants to admit that they have a problem. We all have this perfect mental picture of ourselves. Maybe that's why we have friends...to point out the flaws where our mirrors fail. 


If there is any place a proper confession may take place, it's here on my slice of the internet. 
I have an addiction. I find myself relying on something so heavily that I cannot get through a day without it at least 7 times. Sometimes I even use it 10 times. In the morning, in the later morning, at noon, in the early afternoon, in the late afternoon...
When I study, when I'm hanging out with friends, when I'm just walking around on my own...
I find myself with a big mug of coffee in my hands...


Ha! Did you expect something horrible?
I'm sorry for the dramatic pictures. I really couldn't resist. But on the serious side, I am addicted to coffee. 

I have to admit it!

It's become my "drug" Mike said. I seriously will have 10 cups a day. I used to hate the stuff, but that's a story for another time. The sad part is, I didn't even notice how much I was drinking. It was a mug here at breakfast, another on my way to class..then again at lunch, and one more for the road. So on and so forth...there's my addiction. 

Mike was very upset with me when he found out how much I had been drinking. I guess he has a right. All of that caffeine and sugar is really REALLY bad for you.
I tried to tell him that it wasn't that bad, and he didn't need to stick me on a crazy cold-turkey plan.


Me-I can drink like...2 cups every day and be fine.
Mike-Really now? You can stop drinking 10 cups a day?
Me-Yes, I'm sure of it.
Mike-So you're sure you can stop?
Me-Yes, now give me back my coffee!

Sigh, maybe I'll need a little more help with this than I originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!