Saturday, June 2, 2012

Top Knot?


Ok so when these "top knot" hairstyles started coming out last summer I really didn't think that they would catch on. I mean...it's a knot on top of your head bobbing around all day!

Now I must admit, I was one to throw my hair up in a knot when brushing my teeth, washing my face, or just needed it all out of the way while crafting. But I was never one to walk out of the house with the thing bouncing around on my head!

Now, I see them everywhere and I honestly think its a hit or miss hairstyle. 
In my opinion (which I'm sure you're all DYING to hear), it either looks like you just rolled out of bed, or you look like you actually took 5 minutes to make your hair look presentable. 

No, I'm not always put together every day. Sometimes my clothes clearly do NOT match and I regret it. I'll admit it!

I do try to learn from my mistakes and look presentable for my adoring public. I mean, honestly, you never know when that pesky paparazzi is going to swarm!  

Ok, maybe that last bit was just be dreaming about being famous...but seriously?

Are we all trying to look like we don't try anymore?

So many of these gorgeous girls are taking the attention away from their jaw dropping smiles and making us all squirm with these yucky knots. If too many people make it look sloppy, then the top knot won't be around for long.

I'm not saying that women shouldn't throw their hair up in a high bun. The trend has caught on quite drastically. Hey I've even been caught in the trend! I just think that we should all try to make it worth having around. Trow on a bow or flower or something. At least puff it up a little and make it look neat.

That's my opinion for the day. I don't make many posts like this, so take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!