Sunday, November 18, 2012

Oh, How Much We Change


Looking at those two pictures above, I can't believe they're of the same girl.

One was from my sophomore year in high school, and the other...well...the best day ever.
How much have I changed in those years?

I used to be the super self conscious girl who wouldn't even order a meal at McDonalds because she was too shy. I was nerdy and goofy and didn't really know how to put myself together. My hair was a wreck and my clothes never really matched or fit right. 
I wanted to be one of the pretty girls and had dreams of continuing my education by going to college.

Well now that I think about it, I'm still insecure and my hair is it's usual mess. My clothes don't match but I've accomplished my childhood dream of becoming a teacher. I sometimes hide my insecurities by being funny and making people laugh with me and not at me. I'm a little better about talking to total strangers (half of you fall into that category) and I am much much better at being transparent. 

People can accept for me who I am and know that I'm not hiding anything. I'm not a hypocrite so if I'm struggling with something, you'll all know about it. 

Being totally open my heart makes you feel secure, but it often takes me out of my comfort zone. 

Why do that to yourself?

Because I can grow as a person and as a Christian when I'm out of my comfort zone. And sometimes there's someone else out there (maybe one of my frequent readers) who is going through the same things that I am. Taking a peek into another girls heart can give a different perspective and bring comfort.

If sharing my feelings annoys you, just realize that these words might actually be helping someone else. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!